A2 Hosting Review
- ~50-250ms Load Time
- 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
- 24/7 Support
- DDOS Protection
- Free SSL
- Anytime Money-Back Guarantee
- Free Site Transfers
- Cpanel Control Panel
- Eco-friendly Hosting
The A2 Hosting Review
As you very likely know, especially if you are looking to get a website up and running on the web, for a website to be live, it needs to be hosted by a server through a web hosting provider. Of course, not all web hosting providers are made equal, and in trying to get your website visible to others, you will likely be faced with many decisions. Choosing the hosting provider that will take care of your website is one of the most important ones.
The web hosting provider you select is important because it has a huge impact on your website’s performance. Making the wrong call is a decision that will be mind-numbingly frustrating for the duration of time that you work with that company.
Many people entrust A2 with the care of their website’s server needs. But should you? Let’s take a closer look to find out whether A2 is the hosting provider you’ve been looking for.
What is A2 Hosting?
Founded in August 2001, A2 Hosting was originally launched under the name Iniquinet. In 2003, the company renamed the service as A2 Hosting. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, its place of founding is the reason for A2 being included in the company’s name. With its data center located near the company base, the business is privately owned.
A2 Hosting is a versatile company that strives to serve a wide audience and cater to a wide variety of needs. Users can view A2 Hosting’s packages in six different currencies and will be billed in the currency in which they chose to purchase their service. However, speaking English is an advantage when it comes to using this hosting provider—the site content is only available in English, and its technical support content is also exclusively available in the English language.
To help you decide whether A2 Hosting is the right hosting platform for you, we help you take an in-depth look at the advantages and features their services offer in this A2 Hosting review. Read on to see what you can expect from their company should you choose to purchase one of their plans, and keep in mind what you are looking for in your ideal hosting provider to determine whether A2 Hosting will be able to deliver you with all your expectations.
- A variety of Hosting Plans: A2 Hosting offers its clients a wide number of hosting plans and types of web hosting to choose from, making it simple for anyone to find the type of hosting they want and ensure they are allocated all the necessary resources and space that they need for their website or project to succeed. There’s nothing like not having the bandwidth or memory space you need on your website to give it the best performance possible, and with A2 Hosting, users can rest assured that an option exists for them that will fit their needs.
- High Uptime Guarantee: There’s no use in striving to design, develop, and then host your website if it is then never going to be available for the public to see. Your project should be able to be available for users to view at any time, and without a good uptime rate, your website is likely to be down. With A2 Hosting, however, that is not the case—their service comes with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, and can be counted on to stick to their word. Only very rarely will you experience a website being down on their watch, and when you do, you will be compensated for the time that your website was not properly functioning.
- Reliable Support: If you happen to run into any issues with A2 Hosting during the time that you are using their service, whether you need help solving a technical issue or having problems with your website’s performance, or any other relevant problem, their team of knowledgeable experts will be happy to help you, whether by pointing you in the right direction or helping to solve the problem for you. You can count on them to be by your side to assist you with your problems any time of the day or night, too, as their support is available 24/7 by phone and live chat. Whichever way you feel more comfortable getting help from A2’s support team, through messaging or via a phone call, A2 is happy to accommodate.
- Helpful Resources: A2 offers useful and varied technical support material to help you up on any problems you may be experiencing with the running of your website or related technical problems. From there, it may be simple to resolve many common issues you are running into if you do not wish to get in touch with their customer support to help you through a problem and would rather try to get it resolved on your own. Their material covers a wide range of issues and is comprehensive in helping users to find solutions.
|Plan||Websites||Disk Space||Price / Month||Features|
|Startup||1||100 GB||USD $2.99||Great for a single site|
|Drive||Unlimited||Unlimited||USD $5.99||More sites + resources|
|Turbo Boost||Unlimited||Unlimited||USD $6.99||20x faster|
|Turbo Max||Unlimited||Unlimited||USD $12.99||20x faster + 5x more resources|
Before employing the services of any hosting provider, it is wise to ensure that their service includes the features that you are looking for in a web hosting solution. Depending on the server type you prefer and the size and scope of your website or project, you may want very advanced features or to keep it simple. Both solutions are fine, but whatever you are looking for, you want to make sure that the web hosting provider you choose to go with will be able to deliver.
If you are a developer, you may find some of the features that A2 Hosting offers with you in mind to be enticing and intriguing. One feature they provide that can be particularly helpful to providers is the that it provides multiple versions of PHP, as well as a simple, user-friendly version switches. This allows you to change the version you are using on your account, without it being necessary to ask support to help you make such a switch possible.
Four Types of Hosting Categories
Depending on the size and scope of your website or project, you will have to choose the right server type for your specific needs. It’s important to make sure that the server type you are looking to use for your website is offered by the web hosting provider you want to go with – otherwise you will not be able to obtain the service you are looking for from them.
With A2 Hosting, this will likely not be a problem you will run into, however. This is because the company offers four different categories of web hosting: shared, VPS, reseller, and dedicated. In addition, the company offers a separate range of green hosting packages that users can select from as well.
Three Data Centers to Choose From
If you are experienced in web hosting services, then you will know that the location of your server actually matters—which is something that many people do not think about or look into when choosing a web hosting provider.
If you’re new to web hosting or don’t know how this works, though, think about it like this: If a server is trying to send you a data from a data center that is geographically farther from you, it is going to take longer. With A2 hosting, you can choose between three different data centers, and make your decision based on where your audience is most likely to be located. Those who are far away from the server will still be able to access your website, but their connection may not be as lightning fast as those who are closer to the server—so it’s best to choose a data center that is closest to where you believe most your audience will be logging in from. The options A2 provides for their data centers include the USA, Europe, or Asia.
99% Uptime Guarantee
With any website, it’s important to ensure that you’re able to keep it up and running all the time—or at least, the vast majority of the time. With A2 Hosting, constant downtime is a thing of the past. The company comes with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. That means that if downtime goes over .1%, and A2 Hosting can verify that this was genuine, you will be credited with 5% of your monthly fee for each hour that your website is offline. This offer extends to cover up to 100% of your monthly payment for their service.
With such an impressive uptime guarantee, there is no reason to worry about your website being inaccessible to your targeted audience.
There’s nothing that makes you want to pull your hair out more than making changes to your website, only to lose them unexpectedly. With A2 Hosting’s Server Rewind, feature, however, this is not something that users will need to concern themselves with.
Server Rewind is a customized backup tool for users that offers certain restore points for databases and files. This means that you can restore your website to how it once was if something unexpected is to happen. In addition, you can pay an additional fee to upgrade to using offsite backups. If you are especially worried about losing your data, this can give you even more peace of mind that your data is secure and will not be unexpectedly lost.
Varied Support Options
A2 Hosting providers support options to their users, allowing them to get the help they need in a manner that is most comfortable for them and gets them the help they need in the best and most efficient way possible.
Technical support is offered through live chat, phone, and ticket. Six different telephone numbers are available for users to call, depending on their location. In addition, it’s possible to contact their support team using Skype, which is a great option for those who are living outside of A2’s main territories and are looking to cut down on costs of long distance calling.
What types of server hosting does A2 Hosting offer?
At A2 Hosting, you can find virtually any type of server you are looking for. The company offers shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting. When it comes to dedicated servers, users can choose between an unmanaged and a managed dedicated server, and the company also offers many reseller hosting options.
Not only that, but for those who are interested in VPS hosting, you may choose from a managed VPS, an unmanaged VPS, or cloud hosting services.
Do I get a domain name with my hosting package?
No. Your domain name comes at an additional charge through A2 Hosting and the fee will be in addition to your normal price for the package that you choose to go with.
Can I get my money back?
With A2 Hosting, users are granted a 30-day money back guarantee. After your initial 30 days have passed, however, you can cancel whenever you like and be eligible for a prorated refund.
What is the location of A2 Hosting’s servers?
The main data center for A2 Hosting can be found in Southfield, Michigan, in the United States. The company has also opened two additional data centers which are located in Amsterdam and Singapore.
What programming languages are supported by A2 Hosting?
The company’s system is able to support PHP, Ruby on Rails, Ruby, Python, and Perl.
What are my payment options through A2 Hosting?
A2 Hosting accepts major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. It also accepts PayPal, bank transfer, 2Checkout, PayU Latam (in select countries) check, Skrill, and money order.
Can I pay for A2 Hosting with a monthly plan?
Yes. Unlike many web hosting companies, A2 Hosting allows users to pay for their services monthly without committing to an ongoing contract.
Can I get assistance in transferring over from my old web hosting service?
If your old web hosting service provides you with cPanel, then A2 Hosting will be able to help you in transferring your data over to their servers at no charge. However, if your old host does not offer cPanel as part of their services, then you will be responsible for handling the migration of your website to A2 Hosting’s servers.