Kinsta Wordpress Hosting Review
We may receive a commission for purchases made through the links on our site. This helps us keep the site going.
Kinsta: A quick summary for people with no time (pretty much all of us)
In a nutshell, we LOVE Kinsta. We have multiple projects running on Kinsta and rarely have any issues. The support is super responsive and their server setup is lightning-fast! Add to that their global CDN, free SSL certificates, free site migrations, and their bullet-proof security… honestly, it’s a no-brainer.
Here’s a quick overview of their best features:
- Great Support: They’re here for you 24/7/365, expert WordPress support!
- Google Cloud: Their infrastructure runs on Google Cloud, which has 20 locations around the world, and is insanely fast.
- Security: Continuous monitoring for uptime, DDoS attack detection, software-based restrictions, SSL support, and hardware firewalls… bullet-proof.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: You never know, but you won’t need it!
You honestly can’t go wrong here. Their plans at USD $30/mo, and is of course easily scalable if you need more resources.
Now and again, a tech company comes along that just gets it right. Kinsta is one of those companies.
Kinsta is a web-hosting company that launched in 2013. Today, it has 20 server locations worldwide using the Google Cloud infrastructure, with data centers in North America, South America, Australia, Europe, and Asia.
Since its inception, Kinsta has put in tremendous effort to distinguish itself as a cost-effective, secure, reliable, and easy-to-use web-hosting platform. In this review, you’ll see that Kinsta has achieved much of this, and more.
Kinsta’s specialty is hosting WordPress sites, and the company delivers its services at some of the most competitive rates in the industry. Even with its appealing prices, however, Kinsta doesn’t go the way of many other competitively priced hosting providers by compromising on features such as speed and security.
For example, have a look at some the updates they pushed in 2019:
- Added more SSD storage space on all plans.
- Launched auto-optimizing DB and self-healing PHP features.
- Launched disk space add-on for those needing even more space.
- Announced the biggest feature update of the year, rolling out Google Cloud’s new compute-optimized (C2) machines to everyone free of charge. This gives a massive boost in performance!
- PHP 7.4, yay!
Instead of leaving you hanging with minimal support, Kinsta provides managed WordPress hosting that optimizes and secures the performance of your WordPress website on your behalf.
On your behalf, Kinsta manages many of the technical aspects of your WordPress site, including security updates and backups. And with the professionals taking care of the essential technical functions that keep your site running, you can focus on enjoying your WordPress site and achieving your goals.
Kinsta is especially convenient and helpful for individuals or companies who are new to the world of owning and running a WordPress site.
As part of our Kinsta review, we also looked into the loading speeds of websites using Kinsta’s WordPress hosting. We found it impressive to see that the average website using Kinsta for hosting has faster loading speeds and more uptime than comparable sites on pricier hosting plans.
In addition to the fast load speeds, sites hosted by Kinsta, on average, also experience fewer performance issues.
Let’s dig a little deeper into how Kinsta delivers high-quality, managed WordPress hosting and support.
If you have a WordPress website, you absolutely benefit from hiring a WordPress host. And while Kinsta is not the only managed WordPress hosting company out there, it is one of the best because of its beneficial features and user-friendliness.
Krista can host one or more of your WordPress sites, and you can create new ones by logging into your customized Kinsta control panel. What’s great is that you can manage all of your Kinsta-hosted WordPress sites from a single data center/ dashboard — a rare but convenient feature.
Other standard features Kinsta offers to set it apart from the typical WordPress hosting services include:
Kinsta has a dedicated customer service team that’s made up of WordPress gurus. It is available 24/7 through online chat to assist with any WordPress-related problems you might encounter.
Regardless of the hosting package you choose, you get server-level caching and an in-house WordPress caching plugin to enhance your users’ experience on your website.
Content Delivery Network (CDN)
With the lowest-priced Kinsta hosting plan, you’ll get 50 GB of KeyCDN use per month. With each higher-level plan, you’ll get access to more KeyCDN use.
HTTP/2.0 is available for all websites hosted on Kinsta, ensuring fast website load speeds and more.
You get a free secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate, regardless of the hosting plan you choose with Kinsta. Support for this security technology also is available.
Kinsta protects its hosted websites with distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) scanning, GeoIP blocking (identifying a computer’s geographic location based on its internet protocol, or IP, address), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) firewall, self-healing PHP, and more. And if your Kinsta managed website gets hacked, the company will help you recover it for no additional charge.
Automatic Website Backups
All users get daily automatic website backups. This system ensures that if anything goes wrong, you can quickly restore your website from your most recent backup.
Through your Kinsta dashboard, you can conveniently monitor the uptime and downtime of your website.
As you can see, there’s a lot to love about Kinsta. But the company’s products and services mean nothing if you can’t afford them, so let’s take a look at Kinsta pricing.
Kinsta offers 11 Managed WordPress Hosting plans. With the wide variety that’s available, you’ll have an easier time picking one that best suits your budget and goals. All the plans come with free SSL certificates and CDN, as well as free migrations, a hack-fix guarantee, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Starter Plan
The Starter Plan is the cheapest and most basic plan, at $30 per month or $300 per year. It includes:
- One WordPress install
- 10 GB disk space
- 20,000 visits
The Pro Plan
Costs $60 per month or $600 per year, and comes with:
- Two WordPress installs
- 20 GB of space
- 40K visits
Costs $100 per month or $1,000 per year. It comes with:
- Five WordPress installs
- 30 GB of space
- 100,000 visits
Costs $200 per month or $2,000 per year, and delivers:
- 10 WordPress installs
- 40 GB of space
- 250,000 visits
Costs $300 per month or $3,000 per year and includes:
- 20 WordPress installs
- 50 GB of space
- 400K visits
Costs $400 per month or $4,000 per year and includes:
- 40 WordPress installs
- 60 GB of space
- 600K visits
Higher-level Enterprise plans and dedicated virtual machines (VMs) also are available.
If you are a newbie or use your WordPress site for blogging and don’t expect a lot of visitors, the Starter Plan is sufficient. But if you are running a commercial WordPress site that draws tremendous surges in visitors, you may need one of the Business or Enterprise plans.
Regardless of which plan you choose, you can see that the yearly plans offer a better deal than the monthly ones, effectively netting you two months of free hosting.
Unlike other web hosts, Kinsta doesn’t offer support via phone. But it does provide 24/7 online support through its live chat messaging system. You can access this messaging system through your Kinsta dashboard. Every member of the support team is a WordPress expert, so you’ll get a quick response to resolves your issues.
The customer-service team uses a ticketing system to track your communications. This system ensures that any customer representative can access your customer information, so you only have to explain your situation once.
Based on our Kinsta review, here are the most notable advantages of opting for a Kinsta hosting plan:
- You enjoy all the benefits of having your website on the Google Cloud Platform, but Kinsta handles all the technical aspects.
- Hosting is quickly and automatically scalable, ensuring that your website’s performance isn’t affected during traffic spikes.
- Extensive active and passive security measures protect your site, including daily automatic backups for easy recovery.
- If you must restore your site from a backup, you can first run it in a test environment before taking it live.
- 24/7 online support from friendly WordPress experts.
- WordPress website migration is free on all hosting plans.
- Easy-to-view and understand stats regarding your traffic is available in your dashboard.
- Easy-to-understand and use dashboard, even if you are a WordPress novice.
- Infrastructure for optimal website loading speeds, including PHP 7.3 and MariaDB (database management system).
- Regular and accurate uptime and downtime checks and reports.
- Hack fix guarantee and 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
- Developer-friendly WordPress hosting that accelerates and automates your workflow.
- No phone support, but it really isn’t an issue considering that Kinsta’s online support is available 24/7, fast, and free.
To be honest, whether or not you have experience with WordPress hosting, you can confidently use Kinsta managed WordPress hosting to power your website and achieve your goals.
And if you are unsure whether Kinsta is the right platform for you, take advantage of its 30-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free trial of any Kinsta hosting plan. If you don’t enjoy the service, you can get your money back with no hassles.
Based on our experience and the typical user reviews, chances are you’ll enjoy Kinsta as much as we are. HIGHLY recommended WordPress host!